Thursday, October 2, 2008

OVERHAUL 000

Yes!!! I finally got around to doing it~~
The results may not be as good as I originally wanted them to be, but I recently discovered that one of my strengths, in line with the procrastination campaign, is how my willingness and will decrease exponentially after STARTING a job. Thus, if one big job (*cough*thesis*cough*) consists of various subjobs, I end up procrastinating.

Why am I talking about this? o_O
Moving on...

Well, I did say I was going to dedicate it to Lelouch. I just had to choose the clampified Lelouch because it looks sooo much like Kamui of X-1999. XD
They not only look alike, they're somewhat similar, character-wise, too, especially after how Geass ended. o_o But that's another story.

First of all, I got the three-column Minima Black Template here.
The BG image which is meant to qualify as a banner, blah blah, was taken from the sequence of clampified artworks in the 2nd Ending Theme of Code Geass R2.
Needlessly thinking about higher resolution fellas who might suddenly visit this place, I set out to modify the screenshot so I can combine it, CSS-magically, with a pure black background so it doesn't go crazy in higher resolution than mine (1280x720).
[I actually dunno if this really works because I have no way of testing it (Cry onii-samaaaa if there is, please~), but I tried using the browser zoom out feature and it seems to stay centered. I tried it on anidb, and in this case, the page stretches, that is, the background stuff still occupy the full width of the browser window/tab. SO, I guess it DID work]
This randomly-brush-black-paint-on-and-moderately-near-the-edges-technique was also a good excuse to just erase the TBS logo using black paint. That sure saved me the trouble of removing it cleanly~

Next is the title, I guess.
Not much to say about that, it only involved built-in photoshop stuff.
The inclusion of the word pink in the "tagline" (still no idea on what the hell this is really called..), which happens to be some phrase that just randomly popped into my head, decided the colors of the rest of the site.

Uhmmmm... What else? Just added borders for the sidebar... Modified the blog width so there's more space between the sidebar area and posts area... And basically that was it. See? Not much effort. My original ideas involved modifying a hell of a lot of things from the minima templates. I figured some unread blog in the middle of nowhere isn't really worth all the effort. After all, when I make my themes, they are mostly geared for self-pleasing results anyway, soo, uhh... Yeah. Dunno what that makes of me.

One thing that really made me happy about this overhaul is my sudden will to google around for the codes for expandable post summaries. :D
First useful thing I found was the one in the help thingy of blogger. But then it left the task of making the expandability (? -LOL) selective to the reader/user. UHH. Like hell I know javascript.
I'm actually pro-learning, though. What I mean is learning new things is SURELY FINE, but... lol. This is just not the type you learn out of nowhere ESPECIALLY since you know somewhere out there, someone else who DOES know javascript or who was MUCH more a pro-learning type than I could ever be, was bound to have encountered the same problem and has found a solution to it.
Summary: I like learning, but I don't see the need to do it immediately (or at all) if someone else already has.
Summary of summary: "Too lazyyyyy..."
Anyway, I did learn something new. I learned that the b tags in the xml for the template are for javascript stuff. I could be wrong of course. Someone cry Onii-samaaaa if I'm wrong pleeeeaaase.
Anyway #2, sure enough, there was someone with the solution to my problem. See? They do the thinking, and I can just do the pasting. MUCH BETTER, do you not think so? ;P
It involved this chunk of javascript I didn't bother looking at since I was just excited to finally have my expandable posts, so, this is just to say another "See?".
See? I couldn't have possibly whipped that up in a jiffy.

(Thought at this point: DARN, I think my net just died. ARRGH. And I can't even put an annoyed smiley here because dear blogger editor would believe it to be some html tag again. pfft. I'll just finish the entry anyway.)

Why am I even excusing myself anyway?? Basically, I'm just this idiot who actually believes that things should be done by oneself, as much as possible. And if help is sought out from external sources, one must at least try to understand the help one got. Again, IF possible. But in the end, I'm too lazy, too without determination, too without any resolve in life to actually get things done the way I want. So in the end, for big things, I end up doing nothing.
For small things like this one, especially because it involves my sweetly selectively expandable posts, I can twist my principles anytime. OH, yeaah.
Damn, I just needlessly rambled. Effect of the current lack of internet as I write this (Once again, an excuse, thank you very much~).

Moving on, the next part would be the logo, I guess. It's just Lulu's Geass eye. I know it contradicts with my GEASS IS PIIIIINNNKKKKKUUUUU stand, but it was the first thing I could find. I just wanted to whip up a quick icon since I don't know when I'd have the streeennngggth to do blogstuff again. But I'm guessing I would tomorrow, since if I'm gonna look for PIIIINNNKKKUU geass, I better do it before finally removing the series from my hard disk-WHICH I PLAN to do tomorrow.

So, now to list my accomplishments and the things I still need to do in line with this blog's layout, etc.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS (if they even deserve to be called such...):
1. Got over my laziness even just for a while...
1. General Overhaul

good: finally done
not-so-good: The new template is buggy when it comes to the arrangement of post tags and time, and the link to the comments. It also fails to display the edit button which I've always found to be very convenient. Also, since I set the link color to white, it seems the link color for posts would also be, by default, white. This may be hard to distinguish from the slightly gray normal text, so I'm manually pink-ing (NOT pinking) the links for this post. I dunno how to override the style other than to use an inline style. (Cry onii-samaaa if you know how please~) Thanks. However, I am not doing this for the rest of the posts since no one really reads this blog anyway. Even if there's someone who actually does, it's just too much trouble. I don't do links so much anyway.
2. Expandable posts
good: SWEET~
bad: Caused me to go on an unneeded rambling session about my stupid-and-unfollowed-anyway principles. Yes, it must be soo darn lonely being me. ffffff, where's my internet???
3. I wish there was something to put here, but there's none.


TO DO LIST:
1. Change icon [CHECK - 10/03]
Reason: Proof of PIIINNNKKKUUU~~!
2. Section on the left sidebar about the sources of various stuff (orig template, etc.) [CHECK - 10/03]
Reason: Just because I'm gay about rights and stuff when it involves other people...
3. Entry dedicated to the now missing sidebar stuff from before [CHECK - 10/03]
Reason: The dead must be properly disposed of.
4. Possibly transfer the google ads widget to the left sidebar [CHECK - 10/03]
Reason: Blog homeostasis
5. Make matching hover images for the Home, Lelouch, etc links.
Reason: Maybe I'm starting to acquire a bit of Lulu Fab Faggotry. Crap. o_O
6. Use the Code Geass speech synth to make a "Please Donate for my Pizza fix --from C.C. with love~ (slave girl MOEd)" thingy for my sidebar.
Reason: Money makes the world go round.
Note: Would depend on the quality I get using the synth.
Extra: Just as a note to myself--Make a Lulu ringtone and message alert tone for my phone. Preferably in his onii-sama voice. Kyaaa~ XD *excited* [Trying to be a fangirl here, hey.]
Note on extra: I actually am excited, HAHAHAHA. But I might get disappointed, so I'll suppress it.
Note on note on extra: Don't get the wrong idea, I'm NOT obsessed with an anime character. I'm just obsessing over one. I HAVE NO IDEA if that's a valid phrase or what, but my English instincts tell me it just might be. Let me give a moderately short explanation on the distinction between the two. When you're obsessed with something/someone, you CAN'T CONTROL IT. You think about the object/person ALL THE TIME. You may not spam your blog, etc with stuff on this thing/person, but your brain is uncontrollably spamming your consciousness with thoughts of this thing/person. Obsessing over something/someone, according to the great me, however, is characterized by BEING IN CONTROL of the spamming. The conscious side of your brain isn't going haywire with uncontrollable spam, you just choose to spam your YM convos, IRC channel, blog, avatars, etc. with stuff related to the thing/person.
Summary of note on note on extra: No worries, readers (if any), I haven't been geassed, I'M IN CONTROL.
Summary of summary of note on note on extra: DON'T PANIC.


WELL, that's it for the lists, I guess. I'll edit this post accordingly to mark the to do list stuff-- whether they got done at all, and what date they got done, if ever.

PHEW~ It's been a number of posts since my last looong ALL-TEXT one.
Would you look at that~~ My internet is back!! Time to post then~
After which, bedtime. ^_________^


1 comment:

caerberu said...

ang haba ng post, wahaha

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97