Saturday, October 4, 2008

Final Useless Rant on Geass... Hopefully.



Crap. O_O
"I am not a fangirl, I am not a fangirl." (Repeat N times)

I really thought I was immune to fangirlism, but when I saw this picture (ACCIDENTALLY, as I was actually looking for something related to Toradora), I really was imagining Lulu serving me tea in his Onii-sama voice. I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED. *wails*
But I still say I'm only obsessing over Lulu. I don't think about Geass and Lelouch all the time, after all~

And to live true to my obsessing over Lulu mode, I have now set out to go tl;dr mode on two things:
1. Why I like Lulu. aka What's with all the Onii-samaaaaaa crap aka Does this girl have some older brother complex??
2. A little more than just funstuff rant about Geass

If you're easily bored, leave now.
You have been warned.
[This actually holds true for all my posts, doesn't it? Damn, I fail at blogging! Sigh~ But...
I CONTINUE TO FIGHT. I CONTINUE TO FIGHT!!!]
~~

Item # 1

I'm gonna go all serious mode here.

First of all, let us tackle the "onii-sama voice" issue.
I like the idea of having an older brother. I'm the eldest kid in the family, so I've always wondered what it'd be like to have an older sibling. Why not a sister? Just because older brothers in animu are always so kind, gentle, caring, and protective. XD XD HAHAHA!!
So when Lulu goes all Onii-sama mode to Nunnally, I'm like "Onii-sama~~~~ XD"--Yeah, right. I lied, I don't go all "Kyaaaa~!!" over that, but then, I don't really go "Kyaaaa~!!" over almost anything. Anyway, point is, that's one aspect of Onii-sama Lulu that drew me to him, I guess!
Just for the record, there's another older brother in Geass: Schneizel. (Odysseus doesn't count, imo) Why not Schneizel then? Answer: Too little screentime. Nyahaha~

Another thing that probably drew me to Lulu is because I can relate.
Yes, yes, I received Geass too, but I have my warlock locked up in our dungeon. My plans for world domination haven't been settled yet, though, so I'm currently idle. The plans should be perfect! All so I can go Raito "KEIKAKU DOOOOOOOOORI" mode in the end of it all~
I am contemplating striking out the entire last paragraph. Oh, whatever.
Anyway, Lulu is a very inconsistent character. The only thing that was ever consistent about him was FAAABBBUUULLOUUUUUSSSSS~. Just take some R2 situations, for example. Even though Rolo killed Shirley, he easily forgot all about that when Rolo went through that transformation from omg-oh-so-fagotty FREAKKK to hey-I'm-not-a-bad-guy fagotty FREAKKK. He went all "Must stay coldhearted because if not, I can't do anything" and "ffff, sebun erebun [he's the knight of sebun and he's an erebun. it also explains all the selling out business. and NO, i am not laughing at this, it's just some random stupid nickname i thought of just now.], not AGAINNNN" mode after the wonderful taste of shrine stones/concrete episode, then in the end, he was friends with Suzaku again. For someone who supposedly started out doing his Geass-assisted murders to find out who killed his beloved mum (remember Clovis?) YEARS ago, he would logically be one to hold a grudge. But it seems that isn't the case, now, is it? After all the "who killed my mum?" business, his main motivation transformed into how he wanted to create a kind world for Nunnally. Then at some point, we get the happiness is glass thingy on friends and stuff. Then in the end, he leaves his sister and friends and dies for the world. Uhm, what the heck, right?
WRONG.
Wrong, not because I pretend to understand the nature of Lulu's character as how the creators made him, but because I understand (in the emotional sense) Lulu's actions. It all goes:
The world freakin' sucks, you think you wanna do something about it but you don't, and if you were given the power, heck, you'd probably do something about it. Remember at some point in the first season, he said "No matter how hard you stretch, the world won't change." or something like that. I can relate to the thought of that so much more than I can ever show.
Then he suddenly gets POWAA. Then he just blunders his way through everything. Sure, his mini-missions were well-planned, as the anime put it, but... What about the sudden change of heart on Euphy's noob idea? ETC. Too lazy to expound on this, it's freakin 2am here.
Anyway, point is, in the end, even though Lelouch goes bouncing in and out of his madness state, he never really went crazy enough to actually be the coldhearted person he thought he must become for his plans to succeed. He was kinder than anyone, he understood what his actions meant, and was willing to bear it all. WHY though? Because. It's just in his nature. He IS under a Geass called the people's wish, though I've been making that out as the reason Geass never had a final rabu-rabu partner for Lulu. Everything people say about Lulu using people as his pawns, etc may be true to a certain extent, but, hey LOOK, he grew soft on Rolo just like that. Just because he knows sincerity when he sees it. Because he's just such a fag for Rolo probably the most soft-hearted character in this series. He's soft-hearted to the point of idiocy. He'll carry everything, it all borders on some martyrdom complex or something. Heck, it prolly is just that. But still, as I said, I can relate. And yes, I consider myself stupid, in relation to that matter. I may not have the martyrdom complex thing... But... I know how it is to hate the world so much and love it so much at the same time. To think of how twisted it is, yet in the end, you know if you had to save it, you will anyway just because you're that kind of person. And while knowing, you think to yourself over and over how stupid all of this is, including this entry with a coherence value of -95.6. O_O

Let me try to extract anything at all out of that big chunk of incoherence. ... Lulu is a fag, and so am I. Yay, done.

Item #2

I'll do it "tomorrow", it's almost 3am here. For now, I'll just post this completely incoherent babble.
Geass and I have been through many ups and downs together. It failed, it succeeded, I rambled, I ranted, it killed, I raged, it ended, I went "Onii-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".
I've stopped watching Lulu's death, but I keep on playing Continued Story over and over.

First, my thoughts on the entire series.
ENTERTAINMENT, YEAAAH!
*ahem*
Well, looking at it from an objective point of view, Geass did fail in a couple of things. There were just too many random stuff scattered all over the story. There were two many characters that couldn't be decided on as main or side because the way they were treated is somewhere in between. There were too many strong (not literally) characters that were underdeveloped and some characters that were big in the OP ED but never got enough screentime, a cat that got too much screentime. Geass also had random fanservice thrown in here and there and even had whole fanservice episodes. There were a number of unresolved conflicts too.
Actually, I don't know if that really counts as an objective way of looking it, but I'm trying to look for flaws in Geass after having temporarily discarded my fan status.
One thing that Geass was really good at was ENTERTAINMENT though. It keeps you hooked to it, not because it's the best. It's like junk food. Junk food isn't good food (DUH, it's JUNK food), but it tastes good, so you're hooked. So, in a way, it's good in its own right, but not in the way that people would give it high reviews and whatnot. But hey, it actually gets high ratings, HAHA.
Also, even though I mentioned all those "flaws", even after having temporarily discarded my fan status, I can still point out that though the said things makes a story somewhat messy, real life is messy anyway, so what the heck. But I guess people expect anime to be different from real life, and RIGHTLY so. Just think if anime was just a wee bit more similar to real life... UHM. Well, that would have its good points too, i guess. ;))
Now I shall take my fan status and assimilate it into my being once again.
Geass wins. ;P I don't think it's "like, omgomg, the best show evaa!!" but I did enjoy it a lot! Not just the anime itself, but all the internet craze on it included. I never really read much on anime before, but Geass was just special. It had soo much potential for internet fun!!!!!! And living up to the potential, the internet delivered more-than-enough lulz. ^________^
Don't get me wrong, I do think it's one of the best anime I have watched. ^^, The flow may have had problems in one way or another, but looking at the plot, the story, the characters, etc... It had more than enough potential to be great! And it was great!! And I loved it. ^__^
Geass actually has the potential for a lot of sidestories, and even for a whole prequel. The whole a.t.b. era could actually be exploited so sunrise gets more cash.
What about a sequel?
Let me first address the issue that's been floating around with the Geass ending.
Is Lulu dead or alive?
I don't think it's either. It's just a made-up story by sunrise, so, hello? If it's open-ended, it's open-ended. You can't argue that anything is fact at this point because fact is, nothing really becomes a fact in a story until the writer writes it and the whole world reads it.
However, I do WANT Lulu to be dead.
It was just the best end for him~
I love Lulu and all, but I just don't like the idea of him being resurrected and his so-called sacrifice losing value and all the drama value of his death going ZERO.
I'm seriously killing sunrise if they make it so he's alive, SERIOUSLY.
Even though I say this, I do believe I don't see the point of Lulu having himself killed for real instead of just faking his death. And I'm wondering where the heck C.C.'s code is now. So, she lives forever? Suzaku has the code? ETC.
All the Geass business was kind of put aside, actually. O_O
But as I said, I still liked CG, all things considered.
Also, Lulu having the trademark dark area under his eyes, which has always signified death in Geass, kinda supports the idea that he IS dead.
So the original question again...
What about a sequel?
I'm getting some sunrise-related idea here...
Gundam SEED. Gundam SEED Destiny.
Athrun and Shinn were more of the main ones for the sequel, right?
I know Suzaku is Kira, but let's pretend anyway that he's Athrun and Lulu is Kira.
Best friends? Check.
War? Check.
Mechas? Check.
Partly open ending? Check.
Sunrise? Check.
Okay!! I say we'll get some Code Geass: Return of the Spinzaku sequel sometime in the future.
Schneizel will be Le Creuset and tada~ Kannon will be Dullindal. It actually makes a little sense, I'm telling you!!
If they make it so Lulu is alive, he'd be Kira who would only come out when he really needs to already. Suzaku, as Athrun, ends up with Nunnally, who is Cagalli, and DARN. This actually fits more than I originally thought. O_O It's Code Destiny. O_O I know Nunna and Cagalli are poles apart, but... Cagalli and Kira are sibs. Lulu and Nunna are sibs. OKAY. It fits too much, it disturbs me, so I'll stop.

Random Extras

I think Lulu isn't really inconsistent, actually. More like he just changed a lot throughout the series.
Also, I just had this sudden thought that he's actually a little like Charlie. But he reacted differently to all the same situations. Despite losing his mom and all, he didn't think about slaying gods and such. He was betrayed by Rolo too, but he didn't treat him as Charlie did V.V.
There were a lot of differences too, of course, but well, that's why this is labeled Random Extras.

And on Lulu's death, while the rest of the internet were arguing and all, this guy just won his way through all the crap. ;))

End Thoughts

Uhhh... I've been writing too long a thing with -9000 coherence level, so... I think I'll really stop.
Maybe some other entry will be better.
Oh well, whatever.


***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. I don't claim to own what isn't mine.
2. Code Destiny ~Spinzaku Time~


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97