Thursday, August 28, 2008

Anime vs. People

Well, yesterday, I thought I was going to write an entry entitled "Why blog?". Then, I encountered something that changed my mind.
~~

So yesterday, I talked to my friend about how Japanese people acting can be weird and that I've always found anime to be a better way of expression, in general, for these people. Of course, that's not for all cases, but, in my experience, that holds true for a lot of cases.
So, there's this anime I'm currently watching called Natsume Yuujinchou.
And of course, it has an OP! And the youtube link for the PV was posted with the flac release at tokyotosho, so I went ahead and checked it out. First, let me give the translation for the TV size version of the song. Since I stuck to BSS and my download of the flac isn't done yet (I can't check the scans), I'll just use their TL without any modifications.

There you go, making that face again,
biting onto your lips.
You're hiding your weak side,
but deep in those eyes,
I can see you cowering.
If you had a true heart,
you would care, cry, call for someone, and worry.
Why are you holding onto the pain?
Share some of it with me.
If you don't think it's possible right away,
you can do it slowly, bit by bit.
We don't have wings,
but I'm sure we're only finding times that we can't fly.
I'll call for you to the limits of my voice
so that you won't get lost.
Soar up to the sky with your gentle heart,
ride on that wind, and get it all at once.

Now, here's the anime OP:



And here's the PV for the song:



UMM.
Yeah.
So, as you can see, they have weird gestures and stuff.
That monkey-like creature was cute though~! ^________^

But all in all, I really like that song. And I like the anime.
It says the things I wanna hear.
And I guess that would be all for that.
~~

I didn't get to play more Rune Factory, but it turns out, it only does that white-screen thing for the latest version (2.6a) of nocash. It works fine with the earlier version (2.6). So, uhh, that's that. Obviously, I failed myself again in all my plans. Sheesh. I really should just be awake at night so I get to do more. But I want to try to sleep normally. q_q
Oh well, sleep is a mystery.

***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. I don't claim to own what isn't mine.
2. Gesture power--it's in Geass too. The overly dramatic gestures, REALLY. Only, when it's in anime, it's kinda tolerable.


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97