Monday, August 11, 2008

Code Geass R2 18

I just watched it, yep.
And boy, does it have what it takes to wake me up and make me o_O. Well, I won't go spoiler mode anymore. I'll seriously get killed for that. o_O
~~

So, uhh...
Let me just share a couple of interesting Engrish stuff for this episode. :D
First up: Animals in the startup screen.


Well, erm, expected of a pudding earl? Ahahaha. "Koutei-chan"~
Second: Engrish in action, part one~

And more new stuff on the new Guren/SEITEN Eight Elements unit, that is, Kallen's new unit:

Last and the best one of all~ Engrish in action part 2!

Well, gg has been spelling it as Freya, for the past I-dunno-how-many-eps. And who would've thought it was F.L.E.I.A. anyway??
Gooooood grief.
But then again, they actually put F.L.E.I.J.A. on the screen itself. Ermm, where's the J then? Well, it's not there, so let's stick to F.L.E.I.A.? Well, I don't know, really. Geass seems to be one of those anime with blahblahs from Norse mythology. I think I remember Koutei-chan going "RAGNAROK!!" somewhere in s1. Or was that s2 already? I think it was s1 though. Anyway, the thing is the Norse Mythology stuff.
Plus, looking at the steps for FLEIA on the left side if the screen, it mentions Fólkvangr and Sessrúmnir which are both related to Freyja/Freya the Norse goddess.
Insert: Step 3 prolly says "creation" where it got covered.
Well, so this weapon supposedly destroys whatever is within its radius, but...
Let's look at the steps.
Well, step 5 is all we need to be looking at. It says "Space Transfer". So, uhh, maybe not destroy, really?
Also, there's this about Freyja being the receiver of half of the slain in battle.
If you look at the right side of the screen, we can see that FLEIA utilizes different effects for the primary, secondary, and thirdly (urk. engrish. o_O) neutralize zone. The second one isn't shown in the screen I uploaded, but it says: "Super Blast by Void Drag Effect" (I'll reserve my comments for the engrish for when FLEIA comes and destroys me with its engrish. Oh wait, it already did that? lalala~). And for the THIRDLY Neutralize Zone, it only showed as far as: "5000 to 8000meter in R" and got cut off there. So we don't know what wonderful engrish effect they came up with for the THIRDLY zone. Erm, anyway, engrish set aside, maybe it *transfers* a certain portion (I'd say only primary neutralize zone) to an alternate dimension, and obliterates the rest. While this isn't exactly half, it's still a part of the ones "slain in battle". Well, now what remains is where is this alternate dimension? OMG, maybe geass will end up in a gundam world?? Eva world?? Macross world????
Okay. Stop. Stupid comments. It's the engrish, I say!!!
It got to my head. o_O
So, uhh, what could this imply? Why did I have to go read all that crap?
No spoilers.
It's just that I think it's a good way for the directors/storywriters of the show to still have an escape. They can go for all-dead, or not-all-dead option, if they put in the "space transfer" thing. Hahaha, clever trick, creators of Momeland!!!!
Still, I have no idea what happens now. @_@
Lelouch doesn't exactly know that this is all a Momeland illusion, and that the only thing real in his world is actually pizza. Ohnooooezz~ what now, Lulu??
Lululalalalalala~
Maybe I'm thinking too much. o_O
~~
And quote for the day~~
ORENJI, ftw~!!!!


That should be a new move~
Loyalty storm!!! [Insert orenji-uber-loyal sfx here]

***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. Don't claim to own what isn't mine.
2. I don't pretend to be an expert on Norse mythology. I only read about the Freya stuff earlier, and just a bit of it. I am kind of interested in Norse mythology though, mostly after Matantei Loki Ragnarok. Ahaha~ I think I have a copy of Edda somewhere. I got it after Matantei Loki and started reading it.. but uhh... obviously failed to continue reading it, and more so to finish reading it. Uhm, well, I'll find time for it someday... ahahaha~
3. What is a Momeland? Go look at episode 1 or 2 of geass. Or maybe 3? Forgot, but it's somewhere there, in one of the Britannian Knightmare startup screens. :D
4. This kinda got lost in my Norse Mythology blahs. Whatever the name of the thing is, the fact is it seems the creators couldn't decide whether to stick to the sucky acronym (F.L.E.I.A.) or the Norse goddess (Freyja) so they inserted a J for the heck of it~~ Thus, F.L.E.I.J.A. ... jeran!!! Jap engrish, yahoooooooo!!!!


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97