Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Inaka Isha

I know Franz Kafka is just disturbing. But this anime version of "A Country Doctor" makes him even MORE disturbing.
In fact, I don't think it really counts as anime, except that it's an animation made by Japanese and it's in Japanese.
Anyway, I just downloaded it on impulse--I was looking at TokyoTosho, refresh, then.. "hmm... Franz Kafka anime version?? Wow, I have to see that." Then when I saw the thing I went o_O. Ah, so it wasn't the anime I was thinking. In fact, the art made it muuuuch more disturbing than when you just read the original story. Well, of course, it's not really the original, it's translated, but you get what I mean.
I have to say though, despite its being disturbing, I kinda' enjoyed it. Mostly because of the animation quality and the direction, plus the art is really different! Of course, it's the kind of thing you'll enjoy seeing only once. In fact, it's the kind of thing you'll only appreciate during the first 5 minutes of the thing. It's kind of boring after you've gone o_O at the art. But I still watched it all the way 'til the end, after all, it was only 20 mins long, and I wanted to hear the songs. The songs were disturbing! Which means they were well-made, I guess.
All in all, it was worth watching. Although it gets monotonous and gloomy after a while, well, that was the original mood of the story, so... I guess that can't be helped, right? But the style was really something. This adaptation was soo effective at being disturbing, I'd give them 11/10 for that! But watching it wouldn't really be a waste of 20 mins of your life. :D
Well, just to give an idea, I put up a couple of screens.
Also, I'm thinking of uploading the songs, but that all depends on whether I'd feel like ripping them and uploading them. Ahaha.
~~


~~

Well, that's all I guess!!

***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. I don't claim to own what isn't mine.
2. O_O

1 comment:

caerberu said...

haha, napanuod ko na. disturbing nga, but lingaw

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97