Sunday, June 1, 2008

Crowned Clown, etc.

Okay, read that title again and tell me you don't think it's funny.
It doesn't have to be laughable funny... just funny.
If it still isn't funny, think of it as a "title" for an anime character in a naruto-bleach-type anime.
I know D.Gray-Man has can be distinguished from Naruto and Bleach in a LOT of ways, but let's accept it. These three have a couple of very basic anime things in common:

  1. They all come from manga.
  2. Sho-u-ne-n
  3. Action/Fighting/Oh-KewL-moves/etc
  4. Sense of humour (so I like brit spelling, so what?) sandwiched within battles
  5. LONG -> ongoing manga and ongoing anime and hundreds of chapters (well, d.gray is newer than the other two)
  6. Well, the others are hard to put into items.
  7. BE-SIDEZZZzzz, a LOT of anime have a LOT in common. In fact, my addiction to anime seems to be just as unexplainable as my addiction to Ragna back when PvP and Guild wars were still nonexistent >> Logically, they should be boring already, right? I mean, with the way I so can so spot a lot of similarities and stereotypes and all those... And that's coming from a person who only discovered the world of anime-internet-anime a little over 2 years ago. So.. the 500 gold ryou question-- What in the name of the crowned clown keeps me hooked??? And why is this part of this ordered list?
Moving on...
Among the three, I think Bleach is the best and Naruto is the worst. I don't hate Naruto the anime... I just really dislike Naruto the character. He's this super-idealistic kid who always wins despite being stupid, has a supposedly very dramatic past, isn't especially good-looking, isn't particularly funny (as his jokes are mostly perverted or just an extreme display of inhuman idiocy), and... well, in other words, he has no ounce of coolness in him at all. And I'm a girl, so that's really bad. Maybe he isn't all that bad, but bad things tend to get amplified if you see those over and over and over and over....... ........
I like Kakashi. He's kewl. ^_^ Place him beside Naruto and tell me I'm wrong.
Sasuke used to be kewl too, but he just had to have those snakes, that new outfit, and that really ugly transformation, so... ...
Ah, Itachi's kinda' kewl too. Well, if I ignore a few minor details....... Too bad he's ****.

Bleach. Now that's KEWL. And funny too. ^_^ I like Bleach~ Sure it has its not-so-great moments too, but... Well, it's this type of anime, after all. ^_^
~~
However, today is Crowned Clown Day. So, let's cheer Allen-kun as he fights Tyki, the kewl funny Noah~ yay.
On Crowned Clown anime, there's a new group releasing it, a joint project actually. Let's welcome the HD goodness of Higure-Rumbel releases~!! They did a 720p h264 AAC mkv softsubbed release~ Hope they won't stop and that they'll keep up the speed. ^_^ I mean, they aren't that fast, but it's a good balance between speed and quality. Who could resist?
That PLUS they actually made sensible lyrics for the OP. I've been watching Your-Mom releases before this, so I don't really know about the other groups, but... Well, I have made it a habit to look forward to watching D.Gray-Man OP for the entertainment of the Your-Mom lyrics. lol. But I have to say, it isn't poor hearing on their part, the lyrics actually match the sounds. Haha. Except for the fact that it's by Uverworld, and my image of Uverworld doesn't match with a song that goes:
In da house there is some strange guy.
Crackpot, see my cutter go shatter---

And that sent me into a fit of laughter.
Well, I guess the lesson learned here is that Japanese words and an attempt at american-accent-rap just doesn't mix right.
First thing I thought after watching their OP was, "This OP single has been released? I better check and download later." It's the natural conclusion you'd come up with if you've heard the song, believe me!!! But it's not on Nipponsei or anywhere on TT yet, so, I guess it hasn't been released yet? Too lazy to look anywhere else though.
After that was that moment came the thought that went, "omg, what if Your-Mom lyrics were the right one??". I think that would bring about another fit of mental laughter, after which I would finally feel the cuts I got from the pieces of my Uverworld image. But I think I'll recover fast. I'm not that big a fan of Uverworld, and I tolerate YUI engrish, after all. Like, "Sixteen my dream" and "I want to fry werr" are kinda' bad, right? But I'm still a YUI fan. ^^,
AND don't tell me that's impossible. Remember "Tonight love is rationed"-"Tonight love infects worldwide" song from Bleach? I never bothered finding out if those were the real lyrics buut... Considering my experience with J-Pop song lyrics, it's highly probable that they were.
~~
Next event for Crowned Clown Day...
Please welcome------
ZORRO!!!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us --and it's prolly down or your net's crapping--same old story.

His best move of the night: "Clown Belt!!!" LAWL.
Now, remember Tuxedo Mask from that.. aherm... classic series about girls who leave their enemies awestruck with their ballet-dancing disappearing-clothes transformations?
Spot the difference:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us --and it isn't loading--lalala~

Too hard? I'll help you. :D
  1. Cape color
  2. No rose-biting
  3. Exterminated Tease pieces for petals
It may seem like I'm making fun of D.Gray-Man...
and I am. lol
But, I do like this series (zuh, I watchz itzz). It ranks higher than Naruto, remember? And that's mostly because of the concept of Akuma and all that. It's a really unique idea, in my rather-limited-but-not-all-that-limited anime experience. There is no stand-out cool/funny character though.
Wait, scratch that. Tyki is cool and funny. But he's, well, what you'd call an antagonist, I guess. But it doesn't stop him from being on the cool and funny characters list. ^_^ He still doesn't stand out though.
Well, that's it for Crowned Clown Day, I guess~
Zorro, FIGHT!! Beat them with your Crown Belt!!!!! =))
~~
Just another thought...
Nabari no Ou is also similar to these anime. I guess it's most comparable to Naruto because it's a Ninja story, but as far as I'm concerned, the comparable-ness ends there. Miharu-kun is so much cooler and funnier than Naruto. That, and, well, I think Nabari no Ou presents Ninja life in a darker light. What I mean is that it isn't all about cool moves and fighting-is-a-good-thing-cuz-omg-it's-so-keeewl-to-be-strong stuff. Both main characters have thingies inside them though. Poweeerfuuulll thingies. Supposedly.
Also, Nabari no Ou is by J.C. Staff and I can't recall any bad experience with their anime, so... ^_^ I think I also remember seeing at anidb that Nabari would have only 26 episodes, so, I guess that means freedom from arrrrgh-fillers, so that's a YAY!!
With all that said, I like Nabari no Ou more than Naruto. Definitely.
~~
Just so you know, I didn't mean for this to be a Naruto-bashing post, it just ended up that way on its own. Ah, the ways of blogging are as mysterious as anime and ragna addiction.
~~
Itazura ni karamaru unmei~Bokura~zutto sagashitetanda~
Anyway, I was watching ep.9 earlier and I noticed this poster.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us and it's not workiiing........

I thought it was one of those silent joke things, but, as it turns out, the cyborg~main character was supposed to look like Irie-kun. Haha, oh well.
There was a better shot of that movie poster/picture, but if I got that one, then it wouldn't reflect my silent mental laughter moment. Well, it wasn't that funny. I just wanted to photoshop something. It gives the feel of having accomplished something.
Okay. I concede!! It isn't worth it, making this picture and making it ugly!! I was just being my stupid self.
In other words, I'm making excuses for having done nothing major today.
And down the drain, my future goes~
~~
NO GEASS TO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS WEEK!!!!!! T_T
Life is cruel.
There was a preview for 09-10 though...
And it didn't make things any better... T_T
~~
I guess that would be all for etc.

***
Disclaimer(s):
  1. All that isn't mine, isn't mine. And guess what? I don't claim them as my own either. So there.
  2. And yeah, ordered lists are the in-thing right now, you didn't know? tsk tsk.
  3. Crown Belt-o!!!!!!!
  4. Now I remember why I never used ordered lists before. It becomes a bunch of yellow dots aka bullets for this skin.


2 comments:

caerberu said...

one choco bar please! :p

Brand: xenocide said...

haha.. bayad muna!

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97