Monday, June 16, 2008

Code Geass R2 10, Chess, and MojiKan

I just watched Code Geass R2 10. So, just a couple of screens and stuff.


Uh, what's with all the cheese-kuns? This is the part where they're escaping from the Chinese Fed forces pursuing them for kidnapping the Tian Zi. But, well, C.C. being C.C. she prolly found time to put all those there while everyone else was busy with less important preparations. And, I guess it's consistent with the nature of Geass as an anime, buut... wehe. So many cheese-kuns, it can't be helped that it caught my eye like that.
So, we know that Kallen likes Lelouch. A lot of girls in the series do--Shirley, C.C.(?), and Kaguya. In the past, 2 of his sisters even wanted to marry him--Euphemia and Nunnally. Erm. Yeah, Japanese freakishness. But they were kids, so, uh.. yeah. Anyway, look at Kallen here:

As she looks at this:

Okay, Geass attempt at love story stuff. Haha. It's just kinda funny.
Then Milly, Suzaku, and Anya were looking at her electronic diary thingy and they saw a picture of Lelouch from this season's Ashford Academy festival with a paper-bag-masked C.C. Then Suzaku goes something like, "What's Lelouch doing?? He already has Shirley......" Uhm. Yeah, uhm. Right, so Lelouch, the hot guy who, aside from being liked by many, likes many, blah. What a reputation? Really~~Anime and it's animeness. Oh well. Anyway, after Anya finds out that that guy's Lelouch, she goes to this picture:

Well, I'm surprised at the hairstyle, more than anything else. Hmm... makes me want to see a young Schneizel, hahaha! That guy is eviiiiil. But Kewl evil. And kinda gay evil? I mean, what was with Canon's gaaaay joke last episode?? o_O Anime animeness, once again. I swear, it isn't a deviation!!! Well, I guess it makes for more audience in the land of anime animeness (and actually everywhere else too). A~hem, next.
Sooo, all this time (since they boarded the iceberg thingy ship to China), I've been wondering what people at Ashford thought. I mean, so, yeah, Lelouch always had a habit of disappearing, but not for thaat long. Well, maybe it hasn't been that long, but he was going to China!! How was he gonna go back, etc? I know, I know. He's a mastermind at planning, blah blah. Still, though, makes me wonder what exactly is going on in school. I know Rollo is there and all but...
Then amazingly, this ep, I find a sort of answer:

EHHHH??? He was in school all that time?? But he was in China!! But he was in school? But he was in China!! But...-------- Okay. I'll stop. I knoooow, he's extraordinarily brilliant (though it seems Schneizel always gets the better of him? Ahaha~ eviiiil.), but isn't this kinda weird? Even for Lelouch. So, I tried to see if the one under the mask was really Lelouch:

Maybe it's fake?

Well, there's the Geass. So somehow, it's either Lelouch has managed to pull a trick of seeming to be in two places at one time, or he actually shuttles back and forth from Japan to China WHILE battling and blah blah-ing in China. Good grief?? NEXT EPISODE, dammit!!!
Well, so maybe the school thing was a fast forward to the future? Something.
~~

Now let's go back to episode 9 for a bit. Just the Chess match between Evil Schneizel and his baby brother Lelouch. The following screens show the chessboard in the anime. AND, believe it or not, they'e in proper chronological order.











Uhm. Okay, so first things first, I'm not a chess person. I DON'T PLAY CHESS. So, like hell I'd know about real matches. HOWEVER, I know the most basic basics of it, and I know you don't just have pieces appearing out of nowhere. I know Lelouch and Evil Schneizel are geniuses, but, UHM. Reeeaaally. At the end(sort of end, before Nina went crazy-berserk >_<) of the game, Lelouch moves his king behind the pawn at the right edge of the board (Lelouch POV), and that piece sure wasn't there a few seconds before!! Plus, piece count please... Sigh. Also, I wasn't really sure, so I checked out if a King is allowed to check another King the way Schneizel kinda did. It turns out it isn't allowed? So, at first I was o_O. Then it just made me appreciate more the evilness-geniusness that is Schneizel-denka. Zero gets a taste of his own poison? Lalala.. All that's left for Zero to do is to take the King or move away. So, Zero doesn't take it. More though, he actually moves his King behind a pawn out of the 2(?) places available. I know the chessboard is kind of weird, what with all the other pieces magically emerging and rearranging, BUT, well, MAYBE that's why it turned out that way. They decided to do the symbolism stuff too late and Geass does have its failures in the first season (.5 eps), so it would be logical to assume failures in the second season. But reeeeaally, anime symbolism. HAHAHA. Anyway, this shows us that Zero as he is now, is really no match for Evil Schneizelness. For all his talk of moving the King, blah blah, he himself is a coward in the face of Schneizelness. So, yeah, Schneizel won. Because he pushed Zero to a corner where he has no choice but to show at least one of his true colors. He may not have been able to unmask Zero completely, but he definitely achieved something by finding out that Zero is a.. hmm.. proud kid. I've also been thinking about the mask. I know not showing your face to the enemy is a kind of protection, but.. At the same time, won't that reveal that you have a reason to be hiding your face? If you were always with the order of the black knights anyway, etc etc, why would you need the freakin mask? That kinda points to how he is outside, etc. And worst case (which is true), he's someone who wouldn't want to be seen by the public? Anywaay. May be overinterpreting again. I mean, I know, the mask does have an effect, really. Costume superhero effect. Well, whatever. Chess power.
~~

Okay, so MojiKan's there, but it's sleeping. :)) It seems many others encountered this problem, so I'll just post more about this, perhaps-maybe, when I've found the solution. It seems the solution involves asking for help directly from admin people in the forums or something, and I kinda don't feel like doing that right now. Ahaha~ It's CUTE. XD For now, that's all that matters~ I also found this thingy through widgetbox. :D ~~ Uhm, so this is the first time I made 2 posts in a day? It's probably because it's my last day in Davao today. Well, I'll be back in three weeks anyway. But until then, I won't have any DSL. So, yeah. :)) During that time, I'm hoping to make more and faster progress on my thesis stuff. *crosses fingers* So, that's that.

***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. Not claiming what isn't mine.
2. Even though MojiKan's here now, Please don't forget about Ryuuki!!
3. Chess Powwwweeerrrr with amazing evil Schneizelness!

EDIT:
After a really long time....
The mask is useful. So, uhh, I forgot Lelouch is a Britannian prince. Well, not really. In any case, I was being stupid. The mask is dead useful in a lot of ways. Maybe chess power got into my head that day or something. Sheesh. -07/30/08-

EDIT: -09/08/08-
I don't like Schneizel anymore. He used to be that Evil Guy in the S1 OP, but the way it all turned out, his character is.. gone.. poof.. no one, really. Prolly just a way to spend the lst few eps with some kind of antagonist that gives off a final boss feeling. But he doesn't give off that aura! It was all hype! Whatever. Anyway, I just thought the Chess thing was all a big mistake. I can't really make any valid statements about it because the whole Chess match was invalid anyway, what with all the pieces appearing or disappearing, etc. I can't believe I wrote this entry.


2 comments:

KeeperMustDie said...

About chess:
1)King CAN'T check other king.
2)When white moved his king it came into check. YUO CAN'T MOVE YOUR KING INTO CHECK.
3)White offered to take king. In chess you CAN'T take enemy king you only can make mate.
Rezume: chess game in that episode was total nonsence and failure.
P.S. Sorry for my english.

REA said...

@KeeperMustDie
there are 2 versions of chess, one where it would be illegal to do that and the other where its checkmate if you take the king, so you can put the king in checkmate if you want without being an illegal move. the most commenly played is the first one. the second way is commonly used in speed, where you only get 5 seconds to move.

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97