Friday, May 30, 2008

Things that one can blog about.

Funny, yesterday, I was just thinking something like, "I'm so going to run out of things I can blog about soon."
But life is funny and so are internet people.
And so, I am proven wrong.
~~
First up, it seems that this morning was rigged so that I wouldn't be able to watch the Spurs game I was looking forward to. First came the power outage. Then, at around that time when the 4th quarter must have started, the power came back. Insert something like yay here.
I turned on the TV. The channel showing the game was gone. ACK! Static, get it off my ugly CRT TV!! I want my freakin basketball game!!! And those thoughts didn't work.
So, I was reduced to watching an online scoreboard.
Yes, how exciting. It was up to my imagination and a bit of logic to come up with the events behind the score increments. Insert some random word of some random emotion here. I really don't have any words for this part. But I thought there should be something. Wow, for someone who had no words for this part, I wrote, like, three sentences. And that is so Perelandra.
In the end, the Spurs lost. I had an awful morning and the Spurs lost.
In the end end end, I am not lamenting their loss as much as I am lamenting how I wasn't even able to share those moments of defeat with them. Thank you, power outage and ***-* channel for the wonderful static. I actually stared at the static for a few seconds just for the beauty of it. Okaay, so maybe I was thinking "Get off my screen you &%&$*(&(*(&^%@#@!!!!" (I leave it to your imagination to think of what word^ that was). Well, that and OF COURSE the BEAUTY of it. --- .
^There was no word. Just a series of unintelligible sounds. I'm the kind, nice, soft-spoken type, whatever else you think.
~~
Next topic.
~~
Life is funny, but internet people are funnier.

Yesternight (yes, I make words up. or is there actually such a word?)...
Again.
Yesternight, I happened to come across this video:
~Fansub DOCUMENTARY* by OTAKING**~
*This is so not a documentary, it's a hate video.
**HAHAHA. I just cannot take anyone who names themself that--and actually writes their real name with it--seriously.


It's a five-part video. I have to give it to Mr. OTAKING (lol) though, not a bad video, really. In fact, it's quite entertaining at first. Only, he just drones on, repeating points he already repeated. It was kinda too long and repetitive for me. But since he was named OTAKING and had a british accent, I just had to watch. lol.
There seemed to have been a thread in animesuki about it. Actually, I came across the anisuki thread first. Too long though, and not really that interesting, didn't really read it.
When I was done watching the thing, I scrolled down to look at some of the comments.
OMG. It's Otaking's crowning glory!!!!



(To clarify, there were people complaining that their comments were being deleted and his Otakingness defends himself. And so, I was entertained.)


I don't really use this word but... What a NOOB!! Goodness Griefness..~!! =)) <-YM smiley
I have to wonder, though, how he has enough intelligence to make such a video and not get this. Or maybe he was just blinded by his Otaking-ness. Well, if he was aiming for attention though, he really got it. And as much as I don't like giving into stuff like this, fansubhatevideo+Otakingness+thatyoutubeconv = omg, I need to blog on this!!
~~
But, even though I mostly watched this for fun, I can't help but have an opinion on it.
Excessive is excessive, but since this is fansubbing we're talking about, it's hardly illegal and I just can't believe a person would make a whole video "documentary" out of it. But I better believe it, because it's real. AND funny. =))
Personally, I like fansub fancy effects. ^_^ But, yes, excessive is excessive. But I wouldn't make a video out of that. :))
Those, and that I think this guy is just some western jerk who thinks the west is the best. I'm not really against that, I have no particular attachment (on a super patriotic level) to a particular part of this planet. But he talked about respect and all that on the video. They should respect Japanese culture and language too. I can never agree that good subbing means erasing all traces of Jap stuff from the anime and converting that to all the western blah that not everyone in the world would be able to relate to anyway. Like takoyaki/nikuman(forgot which) are soo not jelly buns. But really, just go and erase all the jap culture from jap anime cuz that's respect.

Excessive is excessive and that goes both ways.

And this is perhaps the most serious post I've done so far, as a chocolate bar soul.
I think the post on that Geass quote competes with this. Hmm.
~~
Yay, done.

***
Disclaimer(s):
1. Don't own those that I don't own and I don't claim to own them.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97