Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saiunkoku Monogatari Novel Translations

For my own purposes:
Saimono Novel TLs
~~
So I just finished reading all the summaries and excerpt TLs. I can't wait for the next book.
Saimono novels were... moving. Not just in a teary emo way, but in a lot of ways. But maybe that's just 'cuz I'm such an emotional wretch, but it's good to cultivate one's life, once in a while.
I don't have a favorite character anymore. I love them all~ ^_______^
Yeah, even Eigetsu isn't very hateful now... Actually, maybe he isn't, he's just, well, boo~o~ooring. Screentime entertainment value is like... 2 stars. And I'm still being kind with that rating.
~~
About Reishin's saving grace, it only saves him from being a jerk. It's like... a double-edged sword, in cliché-speak.
~~
It's amazing, isn't it? Fiction.
Another human we know hardly anything about creates characters, a story, events, and an entire world that we, readers/watchers, look forward to, grow attached to, and, well... in the end, this handiwork of another human being leagues away from us (literally and not) becomes a part of our lives and can even have such enormous influence on us.
In a way, that's a form of manipulation, isn't it?
Ahaha~ I love Ender's Game. It speaks nothing but truth. And even if I'm being manipulated, I still love Ender's Game and Saimono Novels~
One might argue that Ender's Game is totally unrelated, but that's only if one hasn't read it. :P
~~
So, amongst all the events, things, people, blah that I encountered in my Saimono journey, it seems that this phrase left the strongest impression on my messy brain:

"...an absolute, unbetrayable existence."

It reverberates. o_O
I better fix this...


***
Disclaimer(s), etc:

1. Not claiming as my own what isn't mine.
2. The TLs most especially aren't mine, they're done by a generous soul that goes by the name of 'charmian'.
3. I guess the phrase doesn't leave much of an impression if you don't know how it was used, but if I didn't get it out of my system, it'll just keep on bouncing on my internals and I don't see anything good in that.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Hello, could you please tell me where you found the summaries of saiunkoku monogatari novels ? thank you very much :)

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97