Monday, November 10, 2008

Kurozuka 03: The New Matrix


The video says it all~
But I'll point out a couple more anyway. :D

The wasted world
Wasted World
after some Nuclear blah.

Squid Hovercraft Hybrid
The ship just made me think of Matrix. I might be pushing the comparison, but this ship is also used to look for people and kill them. :D Though, unlike squids, they are manned, so they can be thought of as a cross between a squid and a hovercraft, I guess? And I guess this isn't really an accurate description since it seems that the all the killing is only done to find some guy who is... **SURPRISE~!!** ...the main protagonist of our show.
The One Vampire, Count Kurou
He's some immortal vampire-like creature though... And he's also supposedly a famous general in Japan history or something. This is actually Kurozuka's story. It's some what-if fantasy story about some guy named Minamoto no Yoshitsune~ Well, Ureshii has supplementary PDFs, so if you're interested to know more, head over to their site, else, go wiki mode. :D
Alternatively, anidb gives some introductory information on the story.
With all these historical blahs, I guess they put this
Futuristic Samurai
to match the theme of the show or something? But, well, I don't really know since we just jumped from past past to future future. o_o So was it an attempt to make the transition seamless? :)) Not very effective, lol~

Anyway, I would just like to take this opportunity to mention that Kurozuka is a really good anime, in the objective sense. :D Great animation, great direction, and while the character design isn't exactly my type, it fits the theme of the show. Other than the characters, I think the art is great too. :D Though, Casshern art is prettier, imo.
It seems that all anime by MADHOUSE this season exhibit great quality. :D I don't remember all of the anime I've watched which were by MADHOUSE, but the few I remember were also great~

But me being me, the shows I enjoy the most this season are actually G00 and Kuroshit. Nyahaha.
Oh well~

***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. I don't claim to own what isn't mine.
2. Is it coincidence that Kurozuka is written as 黒塚 whose characters mean 'black' and 'mound' while Kuroshitsuji is abbreviated as Kuroshit (accdg. to anidb) which could mean something similar to the former? Ugh. x_x
3. Lalalala~


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97