Monday, November 10, 2008

Hakushaku to Yousei 04: Lame Geass


Do I even need to point out everything I found funny about this video?
Which... uhh.. is actually the whole thing?

Well, just for the sake of doing so, then~~
-Unnecessary Spinzakus
-Breaking knife
-Green Geass turned green beam/whatever
-The fight scene which lasted throughout the whole OP song. I mean, the big bad black wolf got scawed when he taw Raven's green Geass... so... uhh... Purpose please? For Raven fangirls to go kyaaaaa~ XD at him while he was "fighting"? "Fighting" with quotation marks because... uhh... The whole OP song-long fight was composed of scenes like that... Useless flashy moves and uber-dramatic slowmo scenes that don't actually show any real fighting moves but just show Raven's cooooool fighting poses. Scenes like that would make great wallpapers, but not a great fight scene. Spinzaku is 9000+ times better~ Nyahaha~

In fact, I think the only reason I watch this anime is because of pretty drawings. It's not especially funny, and the story is kind of messy, and it doesn't even have the overall animation+art anime quality as a saving grace which is the only reason I forgive Index. Well, the concept of Index's story is actually good, I think. It's the character and plot development that it fails in, and terribly so too. However, Hakushaku to Yousei does better on character development, I think, since I don't really go "huh, whaat" at the interactions between the characters. Well, a little, I guess, but not as much as in Index~
Well, since it IS shoujo, I guess it has pretty drawings to attract girls. Petra is right. It's funny how you know that a certain something is there to manipulate you, and yet it still works. o_O Humans are such strange beings.
It's fun to note, however, that the staff of the fansub group working on this series are all males. :D
La~lala~

***
Disclaimer(s), etc:
1. I don't claim to own what isn't mine.
2. Petra -> Petra Arkanian from Ender's Universe. The book she said that in was Shadow of the Hegemon.
3. Spinzaku breaks spears, Ravenspin breaks knives!!!


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97