Monday, July 28, 2008

World Destruction Fansub Comparison

World Destruction is a new anime that started airing a few weeks ago. I've watched only episode 01 and so far, it seems interesting. It's set in an imaginary world where beast-men (juujin) dominate over humans. Why world destruction? Because here, one of the main protagonists' goal is to destroy the world. Sweet~
Now, onto the fansub info and screenshots.
~~
Chihiro
==============================================
1280x720 :: H.264 :: mkv :: ASS :: AAC :: 236 MB ::
***
No credits available on video....
----------------------------------------------

GoodBadSubs
==============================================
1280x720 :: H.264 :: mp4 :: ASS (Separate file) :: AAC :: 293 MB ::
***
No credits available on video....
----------------------------------------------

Mayu
==============================================
1280x720 :: H.264 :: mkv :: ASS :: AAC :: 227 MB ::
***
No credits available on video...
----------------------------------------------

Osu!
==============================================
1280x720 :: H.264 :: mkv :: ASS :: AAC :: 343 MB ::
***
No credits available on video...
----------------------------------------------


The screens are in the same order as the order presented above, from top to bottom.
Plus, they're clickable thumbnails. ^_^







~~

Please excuse the inconsistencies in the screens. Sometimes, it's hard to get the exact frame I want using MPC. It's a problem I've been having for quite a while now. When I pause a at a particular frame, then press F5 (shorcut for screenshot), there are times when it jumps a couple of frames forward or backward, though usually forward. Anyway...
So far, I haven't really decided on which group to keep. I'm kind of hoping that some better group would take sub this anime because there isn't a group among the ones I got that made me go, "Okay, this is good. I'm getting them for this anime."
For Chihiro, they lack text TLs and the TS hurts my eyes. Well, the subs can be adjusted, since it's softsubbed, but still, it wold require effort on my part. lol.
For GoodBad, well, they're the plain speedsubs type, and I usually don't go for groups like that. For Mayu, the red subtitle made me go o_O. It's a personal preference, I don't like red when it's that kind of red.
For Osu!, they had weird TLs at some parts. They also placed lyrics for the OP and ED which make you think about whether their TL is a native speaker or not. I don't mind bad editing, but when it's the TL that's a bit off, it's not good. Why? Because I have very limited knowledge of Japanese, so I need the TLs to be as accurate as possible. I can't exactly try to listen very carefully for the rest of the episodes... That would take the fun out of watching. Ahaha~
Well, I'm not complaining, just pointing out my comments for each of the groups.
If I could combine those groups' works, I'd pick Chihiro for video, Mayu for TL, and Osu! for TS... I think...
Well, it'll be too much effort to have to make my own customized subs though, so I'll decide on which to keep sooner or later... Hopefully, sooner.

***
Disclaimer(s):
1. I don't claim to own what I don't own.
2. Uhh...

EDIT: -07/29/08-
I decided to stick with Mayu. The red isn't that bad, after a while. Plus, I checked anidb comments, and I wasn't the only one who had problems with OSU! TLs. I think the Mayu video is a tad too sharp though? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so. Ahaha.

EDIT: -08/13/08-
After episode 1, Chihiro video sucked big time. Lalala..

EDIT: -08/19-08-
Mayu karaoke SUCKS.


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=7a7b0573bd2df00cfa092c8733847f97